gpg2 does not detect smart card adapter

Jan Suhr jan.suhr at privacyfoundation.de
Sat Jul 11 10:06:56 CEST 2009

Hi Werner!

In installed gnupg from svn so that "scdaemon --version" reports to be
2.0.13-svn5074. Unfortunately I experience the same behaviour.

gpg-agent is up and running

All files in /dev/bus/usb/NNN/MMM have write permissions.

gpg-connect-agent 'SCD getinfo version' /bye
replies: "ERR 103 unknown command"
I get the same message when starting gpg-connect-agent first and
entering "SCD getinfo version" afterwards.

Thus I executed "gpgconf --reload scdaemon" but the previous error
message remains.

Doing a "ps xa" tells me that scdaemon is not running. So maybe "gpgconf
--reload scdaemon" was not working?

Thus I started "scdaemon --daemon" which seems to start the daemon.

Still "gpg-connect-agent 'SCD getinfo version' /bye" tells me "ERR 103
unknown command".

Any ideas are really appreciated.

Regards
Jan