GnuPG 1.4.5 brokes my trustdb.gpg

Ritesh Patel patelritesh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 21:40:07 CEST 2009

Hello,

I was using GnuPG 1.2.1. I have 15 keyrings setup using GnuPG 1.2.1 and I
singed those users public key my my private key. I can successfully encrypt
a message and send those user, if I use GnuPG 1.2.1.

Now I upgraded GnuPG to 1.4.5. I can encrypt message using GnuPG 1.4.5 for
those old keyrings and trustdb.gpg

But when I try to setup new keyring for a new user (by importing client's
public key in a new keyring), my all previous keyring and their trust gets
broken. When I try to encrypt message for the previous client (who's keyring
and trust are setup using 1.2.1) I get following error message:

gpg: F5255893: There is no assurance this key belongs to the named user
gpg: [stdin]: sign+encrypt failed: unusable public key

Please help. thanks