Avoid pinentry-gtk-2 when using console!

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Jun 3 10:09:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 22:24 -0800, Roger wrote:
> s like I need to go back, re-enable the gpg-agent compile time
> option, ensure it's configured to my liking per your above notes
> concerning "keep-*" options.  Gather accurate data & go bug them! ;-)

Just a quick ping here, as I'm again looking over things.

To correct my above posts, it was the "gnome-keyring" use flag for
Gentoo causing the hindrance Evolution asking for a pin so many darn
times!  (My bag.)

I've enabled gpg-agent daemon within the
$HOME/.bash_profile /$HOME/.profile

I've also edited/created a $HOME/gpg-agent.conf file.

gpg-agent --daemon --keep-tty --use-standard-socket
--pinentry-program=/usr/bin/pinentry-curses seems to be a proper
incantation for my needs.

Cheers!  ... blame gnome-keyring for the problems ;-)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org