GPG4WIN and GnuPG smartcard, Claws

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 9 12:15:56 CEST 2009

On Mon,  8 Jun 2009 22:37, kloecker at kde.org said:

> got a '-' for this feature. Given this KMail clearly deserves a '+' in
> the IMAP category IMNSHO, bringing it pretty much on par with Claws. (I

I noticed that and bet that this is due to the false claims of
non-working Disconnected-IMAP - which was fixed many years ago.
Sometimes you can't get rid of such rumours :-(.

> don't understand why Claws has a ++ for security, but KMail only a +.
> Is it because Claws cannot render HTML (without some plugin)?)

Yes.  And would like to add that it is less complex than Kmail with all
the dependencies on the entire KDE stuff.  Might be a more theoretical
argument because Claws also relies on the OS and KDE is as much an OS as
Windows is.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner