Smartphone platforms andd gnupg

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Fri Jun 12 00:02:25 CEST 2009

Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de> wrote

> Is there any of the common smart phone platforms (Symbian, Windows CE, OSX,
> Android, ...) that enables painless integration of gnupg? For android I'm
> not even sure yet whether a mail client for anything but gmail exists, but
> in general: google is suspicously quiet on the smarphone/gnupg topic ...

Though I like the idea to have GnuPG on my Nokia N82 smartphone I doubt it is
really worth the effort.

These days you get powerful netbooks, sometimes even cheaper than an expensive
smartphone and there you'd have GnuPG out of the box, so why fiddle with a
phone?

I think bringing things like Phil Zimmermann's Zphone to a smartphone would
make more sense. A free, encrypting voice over ip tool, wouldn't that make
more sense on a phone?

Regards
Malte