Key propagation

franv franv at desart.ca
Tue Jun 23 18:45:51 CEST 2009

I was wondering if it is possible to limit key propagation, that is the number
of times a key can be exported and reimported.

If I understand correctly, once a key is created, there is no way to limit the
number of times this key is going to be propagated.  If I give my public (or
secret for that matter) key to someone else, that person in turn can export it
and give it to someone else, ad infinitum.

If I want only 1 or 2 other people to have my key, is it possible during the
key creation to give it a parameter stating that this key can only be exported
x number of times?

Of course all this assumes that I still have control of the key file, for
instance I go on the other person's computer, import the key and then delete
the original key file that was used for the import.

Thanks