Manual verification of PGP-Mime signatures

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Jun 28 13:38:20 CEST 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:36, bmearns at ieee.org said:

> through RFC 3156, but I'm still getting BAD signatures. I've tried
> verifying a couple of different signatures from various lists, and the
> example given in the RFC, but they all fail. I'm not sure what I'm

Recall that the LF *before* a MIME boundary line is part of that MIME
boundary and does not count towards the signed data.

Look at gnupg-2.x.x/tools/gpgparsemail.c for a correct implementation of
the parsing and verification code.  That tool is not complete but may
give you some hints.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner