GPG Shell works but GnuPG commands fail - UPDATE

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Mon Mar 2 23:02:52 CET 2009

HORNBOSTEL, LIBBY A (ATTSI) wrote:
> Many hours of tinkering has given me a solution.
>
> Although I haven't found an explanation for why the GPA product throws a
> fatal error, I have conquered getting the GnuPG commands to work.  I
> found that the order of the commands and options are significant, and
> that I needed to surround the directory within "quotes".
>
> 'gpg --output C:\DATA\CD.icf  --passphrase my_pass --decrypt
> "C:\DATA\CD.txt"

Instead of quoting the file name, gpg on windows understands forward
slashes as directory separators and will "Do the Right Thing(TM)"

gpg --output C:/DATA/CD.icf  --passphrase my_pass --decrypt C:/DATA/CD.txt

Example:

F:\>gpg --verify F:/MyDown~1/curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.19.0.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made 09/01/08 09:50:07 using DSA key ID 279D5C91
gpg: requesting key 279D5C91 from hkp server 192.168.0.4
gpg: key 279D5C91: public key "Daniel Stenberg (Haxx) <daniel at haxx.se>"
imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1
gpg: please do a --check-trustdb
gpg: Good signature from "Daniel Stenberg (Haxx) <daniel at haxx.se>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 914C 533D F9B2 ADA2 204F  586D 78E1 1C6B 279D 5C91

If any of the names contain spaces you'll need to use either quotes
around the entire name or short names, eg DOCUME~1 for
'Documents and Settings' (DIR/X will give the short names).

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or