Copy subkeys to primary key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Mar 3 17:11:47 CET 2009

On Sat,  7 Feb 2009 10:40, ian at ushills.co.uk said:

> How can I combine them so I have one secret key with both the ELG and
> RSA subkeys under the primary key.

That is possible but requires some manual work.  You need to use
gpgsplit to break the keys into its parts and combine them later.  Then,
you need to create a new key binding signature.  It is probably easier
to create new subkeys and revoke the old subkeys on the other key.

IIRC, David posted a description to this ML some time ago; I don't have
a reference handy, though.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner