gpg doesn't fail on target file existing when decrypting

Andrew Flerchinger icrf.ml at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:50:08 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:
> You're approaching this problem from the standpoint of unattended
> usage, which is not how the current command line behavior was intended.
>

> Doug

Okay, I can work around it in a satisfactory fashion. My personal
problem is solved.

Now, assuming that --batch is supposed to make gpg run in an
unattended fashion, as documentation indicates, and behavior differs
in this case between encrypt and decrypt, is there any reason this
isn't a bug (albeit very minor) that should be reported? If so, should
I start with the gnupg-devel mailing list, or create an account with
the bug tracking system and create there?

Thank you all for your help.
Andrew