questions: no input file, and pascal programming

Philip subs at christiantena.net
Sun May 3 17:22:54 CEST 2009

I spent a little time coding in windows today (using lazarus).
I have come to the conclusion that you can pipe stuff to gpg from inside
dos window, but that if you try to pipe stuff directly from the pascal
program it fails.
I actually got my program to work by piping to cmd.exe with "echo Mary
had a little lamb|gpg" inside the stream, which sort of proves that I
know how to program a pipe.
Example code is at
http://www.christiantena.net/freepascalgpgexample.zip

you can look at this code by installing lazarus, unziping the above file
into a folder, and then from lazarus do project/open project and point
it at the lpi file in the folder

hit F9 to compile it

This feels a bit like a bug in gpg to me...

regards, Philip