Decryption streaming

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue May 12 16:32:52 CEST 2009

On Friday, May 8th 2009 at 17:30 -0000, quoth Coffman, Beth C:

=>What is a good way to write a C++ app to decrypt multiple
=>large PGP-encrypted files simultaneously into memory?  I cannot have
=>the plaintext output in a file on disk at any time.  Preferably, one block
=>of data from the file will be decrypted at a time.  Therefore, the entire
=>file or files will not need to reside in memory.
=>
=>Thanks,
=>Beth

Hi Beth, I don't have the answer to your question, but I will say that you
need to tighten up on your specs: If your program is running under a
virtual memory model and you don't want your data to end up on disk then
you will have to do something with a large hammer to lock pages of memory,
or something along that line.

steveo at syslang.net