OpenPGP card usage

Pedro Ferreira psilvaferreira at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:13:05 CET 2009

Hello,

I admit this is a bit odd, but I'm having some elementary problems
using my OpenPGP card.

I got an OpenPGP v2 card and a Gemalto usb reader. Followed the howto
on http://www.gnupg.org/howtos/card-howto/en/smartcard-howto-single.html
to initialize the card using the generate command. Everything seems
fine on my personal computer.

Now when I take the card to another computer, with an empty keyring,
shouldn't I be able to make use of my private key stored on the card?
If I run gpg --list-keys I get an empty output, gpg --card-status
correctly shows my card info and if I try to sign an email with
thunderbird/enigmail I get an error saying "Clearsign faild: No secret
key"

What am I doing wrong?

Using gpg4win 2.0.1 (GnuPG 2.0.12) on Windows 7.

Thanks

Pedro