FSFE Fellower Card + LUKS on Startup

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 4 16:03:00 CET 2009

On Wed,  4 Nov 2009 15:28, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> It is likely not his fault.  The last two times this has happened it's
> been because the GnuPG mailing list's server has run out of disk space.

Exactly.

>  The server gets wedged and begins to act out in this particular way.

Mailman figures that it was not able to sent a message and retries it
every hour.  If Exim does not need to spool it, it sends it out to some
sites but returns an error and Mailman does not know which messages have
been delivered. Mailman then restarts from scratch the next hour.  The
deeper cause of this problem is that this Mailman does not log to the
same partition as Exim and thus is not affexted by the disk full error.

Right, I should do something about it.  Unfortunately it always happens
over the weekend or in the night.  No 24/7 service for gnupg.org.

Sorry,

  Werner