Finding key ID of a keypair

Dion Moult dion at thinkmoult.com
Mon Nov 9 13:08:22 CET 2009

On Monday 09 November 2009 18:39:27 Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sun,  8 Nov 2009 17:19, dion at thinkmoult.com said:
> > I've got myself a DSA keypair, just two files - one being the public key
> > and the other being the private. I'm trying to find out the ID of that
> > keypair.
>
> A mere
>
>   gpg OURFILE
>
> will do
>

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner

Unfortunately it didn't seem to do anything:

localhost ~/.ssh # gpg myfile.key
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: processing message failed: Unknown system error
localhost ~/.ssh # gpg myfile.pub
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: processing message failed: Unknown system error

Where myfile.key is the file containing the private key and myfile.pub is the
file containing the public key.

--
Dion Moult :-)