gpg rejects SHA224 with DSA-2048

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Nov 9 16:09:56 CET 2009

David Shaw wrote:
> IT department rules don't always make sense,
> but you can't make a product like GPG in constant fear that some
> hypothetical IT department will take offense at some particular obscure
> detail in it (a detail, again, that is correct as per the DSS and
> OpenPGP specs).  If that IT department became non-hypothetical, it might
> be worth looking at.

I agree with you about the need to make policy decisions, which is why I
wasn't asking for an option to be added or for the change to be
reverted.  Saying when the change was made and how to revert it is
enough for me -- if it becomes important to someone, the knowledge is
out there waiting for a Google search.

Thanks, Werner, for the code extract.  I appreciate it.  :)