Error importing public key

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Nov 12 04:43:06 CET 2009

Viet H. Phan wrote:
> Might there be any bugs in GnuPG 2.0.12? As the key was generated by
> GnuPG 2.0.12, but then couldn't be imported to GnuPG 2.0.12 ...

There certainly are bugs in GnuPG.  If there weren't, they wouldn't need
to release a 2.0.13 or beyond.  It seems unlikely that your problem is
caused by a bug, though: we would expect to see many other users with
the same problem.  The best thing we can do is to run down all the ways
that misconfiguration can create a failure.  Once all those things are
eliminated, then let's wonder about bugs in GnuPG.