GPG encrypted ... PGP decrypted ... output file name changed

mokuma mokuma at co.hawaii.hi.us
Wed Nov 11 03:49:11 CET 2009

I've encrypted a dat file using GPG (from gpg4win-2.0.1.exe).  We changed the
encrypted filename from .gpg to .pgp.  My counter part used PGP -p
<filename> to decrypt.  The output file after the description comes out to
"hh00001" instead of the original filename minus the pgp extension.

Why is it changing it to hh00001?  Is there a way on our end to encrypt it
with gpg so that when it is decrypted, the resulting file is not named
hh00001?

I know I could tell my counter part to use pgp -o to force the output
filename but I'm hoping to avoid that.