Problem with the agent, gpg2

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Nov 17 22:29:02 CET 2009

Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
> I need GNU PG 2 because i want to get out of the 1024 bits limit and
> SHA forced for DSA, i want my next key (2010-2012) to be more secure
> and accept some SHA2.

GnuPG 1.4.7 or later (? on the precise version #) supports longer DSAs
and better hash algorithms.  You don't need GnuPG 2.x for that.

> Charly Avital: Please note than Linux is a Kernel mixed commonly with
> the GNU Operating System, a correct name for that mix is GNU/Linux,
> but only "Linux" is not correct.

You are free to call it GNU/Linux if you wish.  Likewise, Charly is free
to just call it "Ubuntu" or "Fedora" or "Linux Mint" or whatever else is
clear and unambiguous, depending on what he wishes.  Let's not start a
holy war over what the One True Name of the operating system is.