Trust reference

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Nov 18 01:13:25 CET 2009

Susan Stewart wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm filing a bug for my IM client (Gajim) because it currently only
> allows sending of encrypted and/or signed presence or messages to
> contacts whose keys I trust ultimately (trust level 5).  The
> documentation at http://gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN346 appears out
> of date, as it does not mention level 5 (ultimate trust) at all.

Not sure what you're requirements are, but if you're looking for
reliable encrypted communication you might want to consider a
combination of pidgin and pidgin-OTR (http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/).
It works well, is pretty easy to set up, and has the added benefit of
being enabled by default in adium.

hth,

Doug