SmartCard...

Laurent Jumet laurent.jumet at skynet.be
Wed Nov 18 12:56:46 CET 2009

Hello !

    I'm trying for the first time GPG with a SmartCard (chip card) and it doesn't work despite the device is recognized.
    I'm trying with my ID card and with my bank card, but none works.
    I get this message:

=== Begin Windows Clipboard ===
gpg: detected reader `ACS CCID USB Reader 0'
Please insert the card and hit return or enter 'c' to cancel:
Please insert the card and hit return or enter 'c' to cancel:
Please insert the card and hit return or enter 'c' to cancel: c
gpg: selecting openpgp failed: general error
gpg: OpenPGP card not available: general error
=== End Windows Clipboard ===

    Could someone give me some explanation related to what features I could expect from GPG, providing those smartcards haven't been created with GPG itself?

--
Laurent Jumet
      KeyID: 0xCFAF704C