Some questions regarding libgcrypt-config

Werner Dittmann Werner.Dittmann at t-online.de
Sun Nov 29 11:13:01 CET 2009

All,

to set-up configuration script I use the libgcrypt-config command
to determine parameters about libgcrypt. During tests I get a
confusing result :-) when checking available algorithms:

To check the availabe algorithms I do:

libgcrypt-config --algorithms
Symmetric cipher algorithms: arcfour blowfish cast5 des aes twofish serpent rfc2268 seed camellia
Public-key cipher algorithms: dsa elgamal rsa ecc
Message digest algorithms: crc md4 md5 rmd160 sha1 sha256 sha512 tiger whirlpool

My program uses SHA384 from libgcrypt but this algorithm is no listed.

Thus is it save to assume if SHA512 is avaliable then SHA384 is also
available?

Regards,
Werner D.