Decryption Fails on UserName but not on EmailAddress ???

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Oct 1 00:21:54 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 29 September 2009, nschroth wrote:
> Interesting. The key is not listed twice, but...
>
> --list-keys PrimaryUserName shows ALL THREE keys while
> --list-keys PrimaryEmailAddress shows only the primary host key.
>
> Could it be that the name I used for the primary key was CompanyName
> and the email addresses for all the people had that as their domain
> (ex: Bill at companyname.com) ???

Makes sense.
  gpg --list-keys foo
will list all keys where one of the user IDs contains the three
letters "foo" (substring match).

Please read the section "HOW TO SPECIFY A USER ID" in the manual page of
gpg (man gpg) for the different possibilities to specify what key(s) to
use for some operation with gpg.

Regards,
Ingo