PHP Script

Cochran, Jason L JCochran at hearstnp.com
Sat Oct 3 00:21:13 CEST 2009

I need help getting a scrip working. I am hosted with Hostgator. My key
is in the cpanel. Yet I can't get php to work with it.

PHP_INFO: http://gator1028.hostgator.com/~mwtadmin/php_info.php

SCRIPT: http://gator1028.hostgator.com/~mwtadmin/pgp_test.php

Thanks!

===== pgp_test.php =====

<?php

    // replace this with the user name or e-mail address that you used
for your PGP key pair

    $pgpuser = "webmaster at mywesttexas.com" ; // The email used to
generate your public key

    // Recipient of the email

    $testemail = "jcochran at mrt.com";

    // Replace with your subject

    $emailsubject = "Encrypted Email Subject";

    // The from field

    $emailfrom = "From: webmaster at mywesttexas.com";

    // Feed your text in here

    $body = "To test if your decryption work, put some text here or feed
in the variables from your submitted forms";

    // Tell gnupg where the public key is that is should use to encode
your message

    // This is usually in your home directory, below the public_html
(mine is .gnupg)

    // change this to the correct path of your web space. On hostgator:
home/username/.gnupg

    putenv("GNUPGHOME=/home/mwtadmin/.gnupg");

    // create a temporary, unique file name to work from

    $infile = tempnam("/tmp", "PGP.asc");

    $outfile = $infile.".asc";

    // we write the various bits and bobs into the temp file

    $fp = fopen($infile, "w");

    fwrite($fp, $body);

    fclose($fp);

    // Call the other directory of gnuGP (this will work on hostgator)
and run the command

    // When you call this line, it will set off the actuall encoding
process

    $command = "/usr/bin/gpg -a -always-trust -batch -no-secmem-warning
-e -r $pgpuser -o $outfile $infile";

    // Call the line that will encrypt your temporary file

    system($command, $result);

    // The encryption is now loaded in the system, so delete the temp
file

    //unlink($infile);

    if ($result == 0) {

    $fp = fopen($outfile, "r");

    if (!$fp || filesize($outfile) == 0) {

    $result = -1;

    } else {

    // read the encrypted file

    $contents = fread ($fp, filesize ($outfile));

    // delete the encrypted file

    unlink($outfile);

    // send the email and write something nice if it was a success

    // otherwise moan bitterly and wonder what went wrong

    // Errors are usually either your username, or more like the paths
to your gnuGP

    // contact your Tech Support for your paths - the ones shown here
works for hostgator.

    mail ($testemail, $emailsubject, $contents, $emailfrom);

    print "Thank you!! Your encrypted booking information has been
sent.";

    }

    }

    if ( $result != 0) {

    print "There was a problem processing the information.";

    }

?>

~ Jason

Midland Reporter Telegram

Direct: (432) 687-9011 (x 3111)

www.mywesttexas.com

This e-mail message is intended only for the personal
use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not
an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or
distribute this message.

notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.