GNUPG HELP please

CONNIE RODRIGUEZ CONNIE.RODRIGUEZ at childrens.com
Wed Oct 14 19:55:37 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I am a rookie at encrypting and run into a brick wall when I tried to run gnupg on a different server......

I hope someone  can help.  I was able to successfully run the gnupg on a development system but when I set up gnupg on my test system I received the following warnings and errors.  Can you help me?

 + /usr/local/bin/gpg -e -r REWARD /law/test/law/test/interface/watsonwyatt/data/epay.txt
                gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on configuration file `/home/lawhr/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
                gpg: WARNING: unsafe enclosing directory permissions on configuration file `/home/lawhr/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
                gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
                gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
                gpg: 4D5AFE2E: There is no assurance this key belongs to the named user
                gpg: cannot open `/dev/tty': There is a request to a device or address that does not exist.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide
Connie Rodriguez
connie.rodriguez at childrens.com

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains
information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the
use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended
recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is
strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you
have received this information in error, please notify Children's Medical Center Dallas
immediately at 214-456-4444 or via e-mail at privacy at childrens.com. Children's Medical
Center Dallas and its affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this
information.