verification/installation

Alejandro Erickson alejandro.erickson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 20:37:49 CEST 2009

Hi,
I'm a little confused about the verification/installation process.

I have gpg 1.4.7 which came with Mac OS X - assume I trust it.  I want
to verify and install gpg 2.  I download gnupg-2.0.13.tar.bz2 and
gnupg-2.0.13.tar.bz2.sig and run
$ gpg --verify gnupg-2.0.13.tar.bz2.sig
but it tells me public key not found.  I checked on the gnupg website
and found the username associated with 1CE0C630 (the public key for
the signature on gpg 2).  I can get gpg to list this public key with
$ gpg --search-keys dd9jn at gnu.org
but I can't seem to find a command to import it or to search the
keyserver when verifying.  I can find the key online and copy/paste
into a file and import the key to gpg but I imagine this is automated.

Cheers,
Alejandro