can't connect to `C:/Program Files/GNU/GnuPG//S.gpg-agent'

listac at nebelschwaden.de listac at nebelschwaden.de
Thu Oct 29 13:59:21 CET 2009

I pretty much have a similar problem. WIth gpg4win as well as with linux.
However, using gpg4win I do not see any usage problem asides this message.

When using linux, even when I start gpg-agent --daemon, it creates it's
socket under /tmp/<cryptdir>, while gpg searches for .gnupg/S.gpg-agent.
The environment the daemon exports seems to be ignored.

So I have to manually link .gnupg/S.gpg-agent to theat file below /tmp to
be able to work with a smartcard at all.

# gpg-agent --daemon
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/gpg-mS2h6N/S.gpg-agent:1510:1; export GPG_AGENT_INFO;

# gpg2 --card-status
can't connect to `/root/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent': No such file or directory

-> Same error message as if no gpg-agent has been started manually at all

# ln -s /tmp/gpg-mS2h6N/S.gpg-agent /root/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent
# gpg2 --card-status
gpg: selecting openpgp failed: Card not present