Secret Key replacement

Seidl, Scott SeidlS at schneider.com
Tue Sep 1 19:51:29 CEST 2009

We use gnupg in an automated mode within the organization to encrypt/decrypt documents exchanged between companies.  The Key Pair we have is expiring soon and I am replacing it with a new key pair.  This new key would be provided to the other companies before the other expires.

I have a couple questions about the existing public keys we have imported to our key ring.
1 - it's my belief that I have to sign/trust each of the keys with the new secret key, is that correct?
2 - Is there any command to do a mass sign or must I do a gpg -u XXXXXXX --edit-key YYYYYY for each key?
3 - What other items am I not thinking of?

Thanks

Scott Seidl
seidls at schneider.com