Possible bug: addkey can create certifying subkey

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 2 07:04:28 CEST 2009

On Tue,  1 Sep 2009 20:57, hawke at hawkesnest.net said:

> I think it may still be a problem that attempting to turn off all the
> flags has the actual effect of turning them all on instead...

That is per OpenPGP: Key flags are not required and thus lacking any key
flags, we need to assume all capabilities.  Of course it would be
possible to add an empty list of key flags (in contrast to "no list").
IMHO this does not make any sense thus we don't create a key flags list
at all if you reset all key flags.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner