Using gpg-groups in gnome?

debianfeed debian at neuerweg.de
Wed Sep 2 08:33:12 CEST 2009

Ingo Klöcker schrieb:
> On Thursday 27 August 2009, debianfeed wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> does anybody here know a possibility to use gpg key-groups under
>> gnome? groups defined in the gpg.conf
>> (e.g. "group mygroupname = 0xAAAA9DB0 0xBBBB9540")
>> do not show up in nautilus' seahorse extension.
>>
>> kgpg is capable of dealing with groups, but as it is a
>> KDE-application it ist not usable via the nautilus context menu.
>>

> I doubt very much that kgpg cannot be added to the Nautilus context
> menu. I'm pretty sure any application can be added to the Nautilus
> context menu.
Thanks Ingo.
Yes, you can use nautilus-actions or nautilus-scripts for kgpg, but in
reality used this way kgpg crashes five times a day, "forgets" its
settings like "use untrusted keys" and so on.
That is not acceptable in a productive enviroment with 80+ Users.

I hoped someone would have an idea about a more stable solution.

Mark