Encrypting and signing in the same run

devilio at gmail.com devilio at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:46:16 CEST 2009

Good afternoon all,

A business partner is asking us to encrypt and sign our files with PGP
before uploading it on their server.
I decided to use GnuPG as it is said to be compatible.

After having generated keys and added their key to our keyring, I used,
as said in the man page :
gpg -se -r 'Partner Name' file_to_encrypt.

However, it doesn't seem to meet their requirements. Here's the reply of
our partner :
"The file is first encrypted and then signed.  Not encrypted and signed
in the same run."

Our partner has to remove our signature before to be able to decrypt the
file.
I don't see what I'm doing wrong, even after some searches in manual and
other sites.

Does anyone see what's going wrong ?
Thanks you in advance for your help,

Sébastien