BZIP2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Sep 5 11:33:57 CEST 2009

On Fri,  4 Sep 2009 21:21, barkman at gmail.com said:
> What is the reason for the Windows build of 1.4.10 (both the pulled and
> fixed binaries) not supporting BZIP2?

I was not aware that bzip was in gnupg-w32cli-1.4.9 .  It is all a
matter of the build environment; i.e. if the the bzib2 library was
installed for Windows.  I am on vacation for the next two weeks so there
is no chance that you get a new official package until then.

Anyway, I strongly suggest to use gpg4win:  If you just need gpg, you
may download

  ftp://ftp.gpg4win.org/gpg4win/gpg4win-light-2.0.0.exe
  ftp://ftp.gpg4win.org/gpg4win/gpg4win-light-2.0.0.exe.sig

and select only the GnuPG component.  This installs GnuPG 2.0.12 with
enough patches to enable the new OpenPGP cards.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner