OpenPGP 2.0 and Hushmail keys

Sean Wilson mcse83 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:36:43 CEST 2009

Does anyone know if the new OpenPGP 2.0 card supports Hushmail keys?
>From what I understand Hushmail is based on OpenPGP so it should work.
The key I have from my Hushmail account is 2048bit in length but once I
copy the key onto the OpenPGP 2.0 card I can't decrypt Hushmail email
anymore, any idea why?

Also, if I generate a brand new key pair ON the OpenPGP 2.0 card, will
anyone be able to export or copy the private key (if the OpenPGP card is
NOT inserted in the reader)? Does GPG write a copy of the keys anywhere
else besides on the card?

I know it asks you when you generate the key pair if you want to store
an off card copy for backup purposes but I selected no for this.

What I don't understand is that when I generated a brand new test key
pair on the OpenPGP card and then removed it from the reader I was still
able to export the keys to a file from key management in Thunderbird,
can someone explain this? I thought the private/secret key was ONLY on
the card when generated this ways so that no one could get to it to
brute force it etc?

Thanks everyone! ;-)