howto secure older keys after the recent attacks

Christoph Anton Mitterer christoph.anton.mitterer at physik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Sep 11 12:37:03 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 22:46 -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> The place for all such suggestions is the IETF OpenPGP working group: http://www.imc.org/ietf-openpgp/
Yeah I know,.. and if you remember, most of what I've mentioned before
was already discussed at that list... but with no very big support ;)

So either these ideas were not improving strictness, security or
functionality (as with the additional attributes)... or people are just
to scared to break existing things or do not want to put a too high
burden on the implementations.

Anyway,.. don't believe that much (if any) of the above would be added
in (near) future releases,.. and I don't wanna start the same
discussions again ;)

Best wishes,
Chris.