choosing an encryption target from a User ID

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Tue Sep 22 21:40:14 CEST 2009

Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> when encrypting messages to a user ID with multiple matching keys with
> full calculated validity, gpg seems to just choose the "first" matching
> key, for some definition of "first" -- i think it's decided by
> chronological age of first import into the local keyring.

IIRC, it's the first usable key with a matching User ID. Period. First one it
can use.

PS: Would you touch the membership file on zimmermann.mayfirst.org?
ISP DHCPed a new IP when I replaced a dead router over the weekend.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or