Two tidbits of potential interest

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 25 11:19:26 CEST 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:13, marcio.barbado at gmail.com said:

> Is this a generic asymmetric premise?
> I mean: is it valid both to the (computational) Mathematics behind
> OpenPGP's and X.509's public keys' integers?

Yes.  All real world asymmetric algorithms are build on a hard so solve
computional problem.  Factoring is such a hard problem and the RSA
algorithm is based on it.  Another widely used hard problem is solving
the discrete logarithm, the DSA and Elgamal algorithms are based on it.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner