manual for gpgme

Maneki Neko manekineko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:40:46 CEST 2009

Where can I find a manual for gpgme's API?
On gnupg's homepage, a reference manual is referenced, but there is no such
manual under Documentation -> Manuals.
A search on Google only turns up a non-downloadable outdated version of the
manual for 1.1.6 on pyme.sourceforge.net.
I see in gpgme download readme that there is supposed to be a manual
included in /doc, but I'm not sure what to do with those.  I understand I
should be doing something with texinfo, so I downloaded and installed it,
but I get a segfault when I run makeinfo --html texinfo.tex.  Am I doing
something wrong there?  Is there anyway to read the manual directly without
having to convert it into another format?
Thanks