How to NOT Use IDEA?

Laurent Jumet laurent.jumet at skynet.be
Wed Apr 14 07:53:58 CEST 2010

Hello Bill !

Bill House <bhouse1273 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The showpref on the key does not mention IDEA, which leaves me also
> with no idea how IDEA is in the mix.

>      Cipher: AES256, AES192, AES, CAST5, 3DES
>      Digest: SHA256, SHA1, SHA384, SHA512, SHA224
>      Compression: ZLIB, BZIP2, ZIP, Uncompressed
>      Features: MDC, Keyserver no-modify

    If IDEA is set in preferences, list is like mine:

     Cipher: AES, CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256, IDEA, TWOFISH, CAST5, BLOWFIS
H, 3DES, AES256, AES192
     Digest: RIPEMD160, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, SHA224, SHA1, MD5
     Compression: ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2, Uncompressed
     Features: MDC, Keyserver no-modify

    But may be GPG.CONF *alone* as a reference to IDEA:
load-extension c:\lib\gnupg\idea.dll

    Be aware that a user must set his preferences in his key, save it, and then export it on keyservers. Otherwise IDEA may be set and used when encrypting, but other people are not aware of it.

--
Laurent Jumet
      KeyID: 0xCFAF704C