gpg: mpi larger than indicated length ERROR

HORNBOSTEL, LIBBY A (ATTSI) eh1474 at att.com
Fri Apr 23 20:43:23 CEST 2010

I have installed gpg4win version 1.1.4 with the following
details/versions:
GnuPG:  1.4.9
GnuPG2: 2.0.10
DirMngr: 1.0.3-svn310
GPA:    0.8.0
GPGol:  0.9.92
GPGee:  1.3.1
WinPT:  1.2.0
Claws-Mail: 3.0.0-rc2
Novices:        1.0.0
Einsteiger:     2.0.2
Durchblicker:   2.0.2

I have installed GPGShell version 3.7.2 on top to maintain the keys with
a gui interface.  I have created many keys without issue and have no
issues decrypting any files. Until yesterday; I created a key pair,
distributed the public key, and received a test file from my partner.  I
received the following error: 'gpg: mpi larger than indicated length
(258 bytes)'.
I have found the only references to this error back in the 2005-2006
timeframe and involving GnuPG version 1.4.2.  I assume that version
1.4.9 (that I am using) would contain the fix that was used to correct
this issue.
Any ideas?  Do I need to delete the key and create a new one?

Libby Hornbostel