PGP Installation Problems on Sun OS

Paul Richard Ramer free10pro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 11:48:36 CEST 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:12:00 +0530, Varaprasad Kota wrote:
> After trying with different options, I was able to compile it with the
> command "./configure AR=gar". I have also GCC compiler installed
> readily. I tried compiling it and it gave me a error message saying that
> I need to install library file "*libgpg-error, libgcrypt, libassuan,
> libksba, Pth.........Required libraries not found. Please consult the
> above messages
> *** and install them before running configure again.*".
>
> I have downloaded them, unzipped and placed in the home directory of
> GNUPG. I have tried recompiling again with the command "./configure
> AR-gar". I still get the same message.
>
> Pls advised me what needs to be done on this.  After unzipping the above
> lib files what needs to be done. Pls send me step by step instructions.

Well, the trouble that you're having is that the libraries that Gnupg
2.0.15 needs aren't installed.  The purpose of libraries is to make it
possible for programmers to separate certain instructions from their
programs so that they and other programmers can easily reuse those
instructions in different programs.  When installed, those libraries are
contained in directories such as /lib, /usr/lib, and /usr/local/lib.

Since you don't have those libraries, you have to install them.  You can
either do this by installing them by using a package manager or by
building the libraries yourself and installing them.

Those library tar files that you downloaded contain the source code for
each of those libraries.  You need unpack each of them into some
temporary place.  Then one by one, you will need to cd into each of them
and run ./configure, make, and make install.

You should build and install the GNU Pth library first, because you will
need it for when you compile libassuan.

If you have problems compiling, reply the details of the steps that you
took and the error messages that you got.

Cheers,

- -Paul

- --
You are not authorized to read this e-mail.  Destroy this message and
contact the sender immediately.

| PGP Key ID: 0x3DB6D884                                              |
| PGP Fingerprint: EBA7 88B3 6D98 2D4A E045  A9F7 C7C6 6ADF 3DB6 D884 |