GPF Crypto Stick vs OpenPGP Card

Łukasz Stelmach lukasz.stelmach at iem.pw.edu.pl
Thu Dec 2 11:00:32 CET 2010

> Am Donnerstag 02 Dezember 2010 01:05:19 schrieb Łukasz Stelmach:
>
>> I'd like to buy either of <subj.>. Which one should I choose?
>
> Depends on the number of smartcards you intend to use

Most probably two. But if I choose the Card+stick-reader option, I will
buy two readers.

> and on whether you want a PIN pad.

Is it strictly required for the Card.

> The Crypto stick is easier to transport

Portability, the physical one, is near, if not on the very top of the
list of priorities. I've got two PCs and a netbook (without a slot for
PCMCIA/ExpressCards). That's why I don't consider buying ID-O (full
size) Card and *some* readers.

> but if it is used with other PCs than yours

Most probably not. No PC I know and don't trust, has GPG installed. If
it won't by mine the it will belong to someone who is conscious enough
to both: install GPG and keep the PC quite clean.

> then the PIN pad becomes even more interesting.

I am not that paranoid to carry a full sized card reader with a PIN pad
with me.

>> The Card and a reader is 35€,
>
> But that's probably one without PIN pad, isn't it?

Without but with a Gemalto USB Shell Token V2 reader (USB stick form
factor).

--
Best regards,
Łukasz Stelmach