multiple subkeys and key transition

Thu Dec 9 18:38:01 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag 09 Dezember 2010 18:18:00 schrieb Ben McGinnes:

> > If smartcard is not on your agenda you are certainly not basing your
> > decision on security.
>
> And you're basing that assessment on what?
>
> I know where all the physical media containing a copy of my secret
> key(s) are and I control all the hardware that can access them.

And this hardware is always offline with no complex applications running?
There are scenarios in which controlling the hardware is enough. But they are
very rare. Probably somebody with such a scenario had said something different
from "based on security".

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814