Protecting IDs at a key signing party

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 9 17:52:42 CET 2010

> aren't any IETF notations yet. I suggest a standard for at least these pieces
> of information:
>
> - key owner has been personally known for x years
> - frequent contact with the key owner for x years
[many more]

It is very unlikely that OpenPGP will ever adopt such standards.  There
is an unspoken policy that we don't define policies but merely provide a
framework so others can implement something on top of it.  If we would
start to adopt any such policies we would soon end up in the X.509 mud.
The signature classes 0x10 to 0x13 are for a reason not very strictly
defined.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner