How to sign an email in PHP?

Carlos Chavez carlos.chavez.p at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 20:34:11 CET 2010

     I am having trouble figuring out how to send a gpg signed email from
PHP.  I can generate the message, sign it with a detached signature and then
include the signature in the message.  The problem is that my mail program
(Evolution on Linux) always tells me that the signature is invalid.

     Anyone have an example of how to do this in PHP?  I am using the GNUpg
functions in PHP (http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.gnupg.php).  Exactly when
do I sign the message?  Right now I sign the plaintext body of the mail
before I add any of the headers for the message boundaries, then do the
skeleton where I insert the body and then the signature.

     Thank you for the help.

Carlos Chavez