How to decrypt signatures with gpgme?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 25 19:36:57 CET 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:35, f.schwind at chili-radiology.com said:

> when I create a signature with "gpg --sign", I'm able to use "gpg
> --decrypt" to get the plaintext from the signature.

You might want to use:

  gpg --verify --output PAINTEXT.TXT SIGNED.GPG

> So is there a way to get the plaintext from the signature using gpgme?

What about this:

 - Function: gpgme_error_t gpgme_op_verify (gpgme_ctx_t CTX,
          gpgme_data_t SIG, gpgme_data_t SIGNED_TEXT,
          gpgme_data_t PLAIN)
     The function `gpgme_op_verify' verifies that the signature in the
     data object SIG is a valid signature.  If SIG is a detached
     signature, then the signed text should be provided in SIGNED_TEXT
     and PLAIN should be a null pointer.  Otherwise, if SIG is a normal
     (or cleartext) signature, SIGNED_TEXT should be a null pointer and
     PLAIN should be a writable data object that will contain the
     plaintext after successful verification.
     [...]

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner