Web of Trust itself is the problem

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Fri Jan 8 19:46:28 CET 2010

On 07.01.2010, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

> I think the WoT and in general the cryptography is not widely used
> because few people really care about their privacity.

I think the overall stats for people using cryptography is that low
because it is or seems too complicated for them. A lot of people in the
world do not even know how to install Windows, and a whole lot of people
even can't install programs on their computers properly. This is not meant
in a discriminating way at all, this is the real life.

Personally I think a lot of people care about privacy, but are just not
able and/or frightened to install something complex on their machines.