Use DINSIG SmartCard

fava64 gnupg at rimertis.ch
Mon Jan 4 20:49:31 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm the "prowed" owner of a DINSIG SmartCard (due to professional reasons),
and I'd like to use it on my Linux Ubuntu 9.10 System with a Cherry ST-2000
USB card-reader.
OpenGPG cards are well recognized by gpg and gpg2. In contrast, the
commandline tool gpg says:
fava at desk:~$ gpg --card-status
gpg: detected reader `Cherry SmartTerminal ST-2XXX (000065e9) 00 00'
gpg: pcsc_connect failed: sharing violation (0x8010000b)
gpg: Kartenleser ist nicht vorhanden
gpg: OpenPGP Karte ist nicht vorhanden: Allgemeiner Fehler
With gpg2, its better:
fava at desk:~$ gpg2 --card-status
Application ID ...: FF7F00
gpg: this is a DINSIG compliant card
gpg: not an OpenPGP card
But still, no operation does work:
ava at desk:~$ gpg2 --card-edit
Application ID ...: FF7F00
gpg: this is a DINSIG compliant card
gpg: not an OpenPGP card
Befehl> passwd
gpg: OpenPGP Karte Nr. FF7F00 erkannt
Error changing the PIN: Nicht unterstützte Verarbeitungsaufgabe

Is there a way to use the SmartCard?

Thank you for your interest

Fabio