Gnupg doesn't recognize card.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 22 18:56:09 CET 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:11, taurus366 at gmail.com said:

> Gpg does not recognize my fellowship card;
> ~ xxx$ gpg --card-status
> gpg: selecting openpgp failed: Card error
> gpg: OpenPGP card not available: Card error

> Reader 01: Gemplus GemPC Twin 00 00

Is that a new OpenPGP card (2.0)?  If so you are out of luck on Unix
systems: The Gemplus readers are buggy (they don't support extended
length APDUs).  You may try to use the workaround which is in the
internal CCID driver of scdaemon (stop pcscd and make sure that you have
permissions to write to the usb port).  This workaround sometimes work.

BTW, it works on Windows because the gemplus driver seems to have a
workaround for it.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner