Incomplete mailing list archives?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Jan 23 18:50:25 CET 2010

A while ago I downloaded the entire archives of the GnuPG-Users mailing
list, from the first message to the present.  (Having this archive makes
it a lot easier to refer people to older threads that addressed the same
subject.)

Strangely, though, it seems the list archives are incomplete.  According
to it, my first post to the list was on March 5, 2006 ("Questionnaire
about GnuPG usage").  This seems strange, since I've been around for
some years before that.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Please note that I'm not claiming the list archives have been edited,
altered, or anything else like that.  There is no Orwellian "memory
hole" here.  I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.  :)