poldi & unattended authentication

Richard richard at r-selected.de
Fri Jul 16 20:18:22 CEST 2010

Hello everyone!

I would like to authenticate using poldi without the need to enter my
PIN. In an old blog posting, they use "auth sufficient pam_poldi.so
try-pin=123456 quiet" in PAM config files the achieve this behavior
(http://www.schiessle.org/howto/poldi.php). However, this specific
feature seems not to be available with the latest poldi release
(0.4.1) anymore.

Is there another way to authenticate using an OpenPGP smart card, but
without the need of having to enter a PIN?

Since the OpenPGP smart card itself cannot be used without setting an
(at least) 6 characters long PIN, I don't know what to do with the
"try-pin" option removed.

    Richard.